Thursday, June 12, 2008

Can't Uninstall Weather Channel Desktop

Well it appears that the Weather Channel has taken over my PC and there is not a darn thing I can do about it!! You would think that a company selling a product would have (a) developed it properly or at least at a minimu (b) know how to fix it. Nope. Not happening. I've been to their site, to the CNET site (thanks for trying by the way), and to several other sites and absolutely nothing I do will remove the program from my system.

The first clue that this was going to be harder than I thought was when searching how to uninstall Weather Channel Desktop, there are the same number of postings and recommended solutions as there probably are if you search for the term "software". And most of them want you to install yet more software to remove the software you already installed but can't get rid of...

So now, every single morning I turn on my laptop to start work and I get 3 Weather Channel Desktop Windows that open -- 2 that won't close which means that I next have to run Task Manager to close the 2 windows.

If anyone is even remotely thinking about buying or installing the free version of Weather Channel Desktop beware!! If it works, more power to you but if you ever want to move, add, change, upgrade, or uninstall it you will never get rid of it.

Trying to uninstall Weather Channel Desktop? Fuggedaboutit....

No comments: